Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby Shower: Part 1 the Favors

In this post I'm going to talk about the favors. We wanted something handmade. We decided on coasters, I had googled it and found out how to make them, how easy did it sound? Super easy. Mod Podge, foam brush, tile. Brush, apply, brush again, let dry.
Easy
peasy
you know, if you have let's say 20 to do, not 100. But hey, I like challenges, plus I really wanted to do this. Of course, I was going to need help, I have wonderful sisters that are always willing to help (even if I have to threaten them)
It was my first time working with mod podge.
It was very easy but when you times it by 100 (literally) you can get over it really quickly!!!
Start with a tile:

Then add whatever you would like to mod podge, you brush one layer and place you paper, napkin, etc, and brush another layer to seal it in. I brushed a couple of layers into these tiles are we wanted them to be used as coasters.
For the tile on the right, we actually stamped "Thank You" - the stamp is actually this style...no I didn't stamp all different sizes and versions of Thank you, I would like to take credit for that but no, the stamp is actually that way. Thank you Michaels.
I sanded the ones that were on paper so they can feel like part of the tile.

Repeat: One hundred (100) times (50 times the paper and 50 times stamped). Yes, 100 hundred tiles. We did this the day after the New Year. Might as well start the year off by being productive!!!! I had 2 helpers. We got all the tiles "ready" for more mod podge, then it was all up to me to finish them....yay.....no really yay....lol

The finished product looked something like this, some raffia, pretty lilac & green ribbon with a "It's a Girl" charm to finish it off....

oh and I almost forgot you should seal it with clear gloss spray. Just to seal it all in, let dry at least 24 hours
A closer view of the stamped "Thank You"

So, this was the beginning. We picked a favor and went with it. The theme kind of set in quickly. It was going to be a Lilac and Cream baby shower. We were excited, we were in no way aware of what was going to happen next. We had NO idea that we were going to change our minds when it came to the centerpieces. That deserves it's own post. It needs it's own explanation.

I hope that you will tune in tomorrow to hear all about it. Then, I will show you how it all came together and how beautiful it all turned out.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for following!!!!

Comment. I love to read them

No comments:

Post a Comment